Great Value Vanilla Wafers  » Food  »
2.0
  • There’s definitely a value when it comes to taste but I disagree there is a value when it comes to overall quality
  • I think the next time we have vanilla wafers, we will be looking for a more expensive brand

• by Steve

My parents recently bought us a box of Great Value vanilla wafers. It was meant as an item to put in our daughter’s school lunches, but my wife and I eat them almost as much as she does; which is probably not such a bad thing because she has a tendency to forget about foods like

this and we end up having to throw out the leftovers a few months later.

The Great Value brand is usually a decent brand but I will admit this is one of their poorest products I’ve had.

The wafers don’t taste too bad but they do seem to be kind of stale.

This was surprising considering ...

• the box looked relatively new and had a long time until the expiration date.

But, when you bite into them, they are soft; just like they would have been if you bought a new box, opened it and then let it sit around for a few days.

Because of the Great Value label, I can only

assume this was one of the cheaper brands on the store shelf.

I think there’s a reason for that.

There’s definitely a value when it comes to taste but I disagree there is a value when it comes to overall quality.

I think the next time we have vanilla wafers, we will be looking for a more expensive brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272209845520730/k2311a0922/9.22.09