All Dogs Go to Heaven
2.5
  • It’s a good family movie I recommend watching, even if you might have seen it before

• by Steve

I was looking for movies my daughter can watch during the afternoons between the time she gets home from school and when my wife and I want the TV. One of those movies was All Dogs Go to Heaven.

It had been a while since I saw the movie so I sat down

to watch it with her.

It was better than I remember it being at least.

Basically, you have a dog, Charlie, who is murdered by his arch rival.

But, he isn’t ready to go to Heaven yet so he escapes and comes back to Earth; kept alive by a special watch.

While there,

• he befriends an orphan girl and ultimately has to save her from his enemies and find her a family to live with.

All the while, he has to keep his watch running because, if he doesn’t, he will cease to live and, since he is no longer allowed to return to Heaven, he

faces an eternity in Hell.

The movie has some decent songs in it and quite a bit of action (though some scenes I do think are a bit violent for kids).

The ending is sad but still decent to watch and very memorable.

It’s a good family movie I recommend watching, even if you might have seen it before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112109844550730/k2311a0921/9.21.09