Veritaserum.com (Harry Potter website)
  • When Harry Potter was starting to become a fad of youngsters and even adult, I decided to find out the reason for this craze through its books and movies
  • If possible, I like to commend the author for her ingenuity and ask her how long it took her to find the right word
  • A word of advice, you can find some spoiler in the site, if you want to wait till the book is published or the movie hits the big screen, avoid the spoiler page

• by carpediem

It is not my habit to follow the trend, but curiosity often urged me to find answers. When Harry Potter was starting to become a fad of youngsters and even adult, I decided to find out the reason for this craze through its books and movies. From that day, I’ve turned into a potterphile. Veritaserum.com fills up the void caused by the long wait to the next sequel of both the book and the movie.

The name of the site is

found on the book. Take a sip of Veritaserum and you can never tell lies while under the spell. I have no idea, as to why the site was name the way it does, since there are many potions mentioned in the book. I myself, though haven’t imbibed this potion, cannot help but admit that the site, somewhat has a spellbinding charm. I keep on checking the galleries then download free wallpapers of my favorite characters. The homepage is always updated ...

• with news, photos and current undertakings of actors and actresses of the movie and of course of the author J.K. Rowling who started it all. Accio, expecto patronum and expelliarmus are just few of the tongue-twisting spell uttered by characters while beckoning their wands. Perhaps, I’m not the only one wondering, as to where these words and the rest come from.

The etymology is briefly explained in the site. If possible, I like to commend the author for her ingenuity

and ask her how long it took her to find the right word. At times when I want to have a good laugh, I just go to Veritaserum.com and read several funny excerpts. A word of advice, you can find some spoiler in the site, if you want to wait till the book is published or the movie hits the big screen, avoid the spoiler page; otherwise you’ll find it interesting and amusing. Thus, I grant Veritaserum.com an unquestionable score of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202109844390730/k2311a0921/9.21.09