John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Shampoo and Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I decided to give it a try, mainly because this was the first time I ever saw a product say exactly how it would take away the brassiness
  • I noticed the first time that I used it that the shampoo lathers nicely and the conditioner rinses away clean
  • Unfortunately, my colour started fading as quickly as it always does at this point
  • I do like this shampoo and conditioner as far as how it cleans and conditions my hair, I found that I had touch up my roots at 7 weeks, as I normally do, so it did not seem to renew or extend my colour at all
  • My suggestion would be to try it out on your particular shade of blonde-coloured hair, but to plan on having to re-colour just as frequently

• by Jessie Bahrey

In order to save money, I have been looking for ways to extend my hair colour so that I colour it less frequently. I have tried root touch-ups, colour-friendly shampoos and conditioners, and even colour-extending products, but my colour always needs touch-ups after about 6 weeks. I stopped believing any claims of hair products which promised to extend the colour of hair, because they didn’t make any difference to the longevity of my colour at all, at least that I could discern. I saw a new product in my local drugstore that looked like it might be worth a try, called John Frieda Sheer Blonde

Colour Renew shampoo and conditioner. The difference with this product was that it claims to deposit violet dye that neutralizes yellow and brassy tones in coloured blonde hair, so that it, in theory, takes away the brassiness that occurs when your colour is starting to fade. I decided to give it a try, mainly because this was the first time I ever saw a product say exactly how it would take away the brassiness. Also, I have used John Frieda hair products before and liked them. Although the price was a bit high, at $8 for each, I decided if it kept me from colouring ...

• my hair so often, it would be worth the price.

I started using the shampoo and conditioner right away. I noticed the first time that I used it that the shampoo lathers nicely and the conditioner rinses away clean. When my hair dried, I liked how soft my hair was, and smooth. I had coloured my hair about 5 weeks earlier at this point, and my roots were starting to darken; generally, I buy a root touch-up kit at about 6-8 weeks in to my colour, so this would be a good test to see if the violet dye would keep the brassiness away.

Unfortunately, my

colour started fading as quickly as it always does at this point. I do like this shampoo and conditioner as far as how it cleans and conditions my hair, I found that I had touch up my roots at 7 weeks, as I normally do, so it did not seem to renew or extend my colour at all. After touching up my roots, I again used it, and again, I needed to colour my hair at the same time as I usually do. My suggestion would be to try it out on your particular shade of blonde-coloured hair, but to plan on having to re-colour just as frequently.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Shampoo and Conditioner

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312109844300730/k2311a0921/9.21.09