WM16336FK LG front-loading washing machine  » Electronics  »
  • I think it's more economical to do large washes infrequently

• by endymion78

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

This front loading LG ‘direct drive’ washing machine is absolutely ideal for a family, large or small.

I don’t have a family, it’s just me, so this purchase seems something of an overkill! There is method behind the madness: I think it’s more economical to do large washes infrequently.

The Direct Drive system basically means there are no belts and pullies that could [and often do] break-down.

This machine has a huge 8kg drum, that’s apparently 40% more load than a convential machine so it can simply hold more, but it also helps improve wash performance. The spin is 1600 RPM.

There is also an intelligent wash system - which basically means it weighs

the load before starting any program, and works out how much water and washing time will be required to minimise energy and water consumption.

I often use the ‘Eco’ setting on the machine, which reduces the water temperature and lengthens the overall wash time, hence economizing on water consumption and heating.

What other family friendly features are there?

Well there’s the low noise speed control system - it senses the overall load and balance and distrubutes it more evenly to reduce vibration and spinning noise. (Although ironically, when it finishes it’s quite loud - it makes a series of beeping noises to announce the fact that it has finished. Yes, a boastful washing ...

• machine. But I suspect that’s quite a useful feature for a busy house husband/wife …)

There is also a child lock, which I find helpful when my 29 year old Sister comes round, as she has a tendancy to lean on the machine and hit buttons on and off.

The machine has a series of errors it can return if something goes wrong with the wash - so far I’ve only had the ‘UE’ error returned (and a few warning beeps - it likes beeping this machine) and that basically means I have to open the door and either move the items around, add a few more items, or remove a few to

balance out the load again. Not a major issue.

I tend to use the standard wash settings - Eco, and Cotton, but there are lots of wash programs, and the temperature OR spin speed can be adjusted for any wash. You can also add a pre-wash, extra rinse, intensive (for heavily soiled clothes) or select crease care. I’ve not used them much, as I find it works very well without extra wash settings.

I’m really really pleased with this washing machine (as you can probably tell!) and would definitely recommend it, and actively look to buy other LG products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162109844160730/k2311a0921/9.21.09