Asian Home Gourmet Sauces, Marinades and Pastes  » Food  »
  • And the best part-it is extremely inexpensive
  • I found the Asian Home Gourmet collection of sauces, pastes, marinades and soups completely by accident
  • I was shopping at one of my favourite specialty cooking stores, and there on a shelf were several different coloured envelopes
  • And because each package was only $2.50, I decided to pick a few and see how they turned out and how easy they would be to prepare
  • I was able to simply prepare the meals and they turned out delicious and authentic-tasting-in fact, the meals tasted like restaurant-quality entrées

• by Jessie Bahrey

I discovered something that makes cooking exotic Asian dishes so much easier, and now I am not nearly as intimidated by trying new cuisines. And the best part-it is extremely inexpensive!

I found the Asian Home Gourmet collection of sauces, pastes, marinades and soups completely by accident; I was shopping at one of my favourite specialty cooking stores, and there on a shelf were several different coloured envelopes. These brightly-coloured packages were curry pastes, satay sauces and marinades and soups from Korea, Indonesia, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, India. I was intrigued and took a look-not only was the recipe on

the back, with detailed instructions that even someone like me can follow. As well, most of the ones that I looked at had very few extra ingredients to add, usually just the meat and oil and water-simple! And because each package was only $2.50, I decided to pick a few and see how they turned out and how easy they would be to prepare.

The first ones I tried were Szechuan hot and sour soup, Thai yellow curry, and Korean barbeque. In each case, these items were easy to prepare; many of them involve marinating the meat for a couple ...

• of hours before cooking. I was able to simply prepare the meals and they turned out delicious and authentic-tasting-in fact, the meals tasted like restaurant-quality entrées. Since that time, I purchase several packages every time I go grocery shopping. I have tried several styles of curry dishes, and some styles of satay that I had never heard of before. Everything I have tried has turned out very well, and believe me, they are easy to prepare, because I do not do complicated.

The Asian Home Gourmet packages are healthy too-they have no preservatives or artificial colours or ingredients. They

also contain fresh herbs and spices, and each one has a scale of chilis on the front of the package which illustrate the spiciness of the dish, ranging from mild to hot. They make my life so much easier, because my biggest complaint about cooking home-made Asian food has always been that they take so many ingredients that they take forever to cook and even longer to find all the ingredients. These packages make everything simple. I have found them for every price range between $1.99-5, depending on where I buy them, but even for the high price, they are worth it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272109844070630/k2311a0921/9.21.09