10,000 Dreams and Their Traditional Meanings - by Gustavus Hindman Miller  » Books  »
1.0
  • The reason I was disappointed in the book is because it did not seem to offer as much flexibility in interpretation of images and symbols as other dream books that I have read
  • I simply do not recommend this book and I will not use it again

• by GenesisOne

10,000 Dreams and Their Traditional Meanings - by Gustavus Hindman Miller is a dream book that I was disappointed in. The reason I was disappointed in the book is because it did not seem to offer as much flexibility in interpretation of images and symbols as other dream books that I have read.

With other dream books that I own, they tend to come at a symbol or piece of imagery from more than

one angle, generally.

That is because like with most dream imagery or symbols, the content does not usually have a set meaning and is typically influenced by one’s personal experiences and feelings.

This dream book however is more narrow in its approach and thus I feel is less valuable as a result because the material is not thoroughly explored and analyzed.

Also, unlike a lot of other dream books, this dream book is more ...

• of a dream index with meanings and does not really offer guidance for interpreting and deciphering dreams.

This book thus is not really good for those that are seeking guidance in interpreting dreams or even for those that are experienced with interpreting dreams and are in search of a book that can help them further expand their analysis skills.

To me, it is too short in length and content, and too narrow in definitions

and interpretation, to really be of much help in bring dreams into the light where they can be carefully dissected and the relevance of them revealed.

This book does not seem to take the seriousness of dreams very, well, seriously, really, as dreams can a means of the subconscious mind trying to send a message that something is wrong with one’s life.

I simply do not recommend this book and I will not use it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172109843820630/k2311a0921/9.21.09