Super Mario Party 8 School 16″ Full Backpack  » Other  »
  • The problem I have with this artwork is none of it conveys the carnival theme that is very much present on the game's box art
  • As a Mario merchandise collector, I am still glad that I own this, although I do not necessarily recommend this backpack to parents of kids that are Mario fans unless Mario Party 8 happens to be their favorite game

• by GenesisOne

Super Mario Party 8 School 16″ Full Backpack is a backpack that I am not overly crazy about, although I am still happy to own since Mario merchandise is something that I never like to pass up. The reason I am not overly thrilled with this backpack is because of its design.

First of all, even though it is a Mario Party 8 backpack, it reuses artwork from

Mario Party 5’s box art.

This artwork can be seen on the top half.

On the bottom half, is artwork lifted directly off of the Mario Party 8 box art, zoomed in.

The problem I have with this artwork is none of it conveys the carnival theme that is very much present on the game’s box art.

That is all lost here due to the scene with the ...

• characters being zoomed in on, aside from some confetti and a small part of a circus tent that can be seen in the background.

I do not feel the zoomed in artwork as well as all the re-used artwork works very well, neither does the light green border or the red coloring that covers the backpack.

I have most certainly seen better designed Mario backpacks.

As for the

backpack itself, it is larger than most Mario backpacks, and it seems sturdy and comfortable too.

As a Mario merchandise collector, I am still glad that I own this, although I do not necessarily recommend this backpack to parents of kids that are Mario fans unless Mario Party 8 happens to be their favorite game.

The Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii backpacks are a lot more attractive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122109843680630/k2311a0921/9.21.09