MAC lipglass in Oh Baby  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am a fair skinned blonde and I found that, for me, MAC Oh Baby lipglass looked best applied over pink lipsticks to tone them down and give them that fleshy, sensual look
  • I think that MAC Oh Baby lipglass would probably work better for people who have darker skin tones, especially if they want a lipglass that they can wear alone as well as over lipsticks
  • Although I liked MAC Oh Baby lipglass when I wore it over pink lipsticks, and have actually repurchased it a couple of times, I don't think that I will repurchase it again
  • I have not had any problem with leakage with any of my MAC lipglass tubes even with rough handling such as in a jeans pocket or tossing around in the bottom of a handbag

• by deem

MAC Oh Baby lipglass was one of the first lipglosses that I purchased from MAC cosmetics several years ago. It is a shimmery glittery bronze lipgloss that, like many other MAC lipglasses, is quite sticky when applied to your lips. The bronze color of MAC lipglass is actually rather sheer though it is not the kind of lipgloss that disappears on your lips.

This is the kind of sticky gloss where your hair will stick to your lips on a windy day. I am a fair skinned blonde and I found that, for me, MAC Oh Baby lipglass looked best applied over pink lipsticks to tone them down and give them that fleshy, sensual look.

When I wore it alone, it was a little too brown of a bronze

to be flattering to my fair, cool to neutral skin tones. I think that MAC Oh Baby lipglass would probably work better for people who have darker skin tones, especially if they want a lipglass that they can wear alone as well as over lipsticks.

However, I have heard that, on some wearers with dark skin, MAC Oh Baby can appear a little ashy so you might want to give this one a try before deciding to purchase regardless of your skin tone. Although I liked MAC Oh Baby lipglass when I wore it over pink lipsticks, and have actually repurchased it a couple of times, I don’t think that I will repurchase it again.

I am now over 50 and I generally do not wear lipgloss ...

• that has such obvious glitter in it as MAC Oh Baby. That is not to say that none of my current lipglosses have gltter in them, because they do.

However, the glitter in the glosses I wear now tends to be finer and more subtle on my lips. The MAC Oh Baby lipglass glitter is more obvious glitter.

You should be prepared for that if you decide to purchase it sight unseen. Nevertheless, I think that MAC Oh Baby lipglass is suitable for all different ages, especially when you want a little oomph for your lips.

It does create a kind of multi-dimensional liplook, especially when applied over lipsticks. MAC Oh Baby lipglass comes in a tube with a doefoot, foam tipped applicator.

I have not

had any problem with leakage with any of my MAC lipglass tubes even with rough handling such as in a jeans pocket or tossing around in the bottom of a handbag. For a department store brand, MAC cosmetics are generally pretty reasonably priced.

I would describe them as a midend as opposed to a high end brand. MAC cosmetics are sold at department store MAC cosmetics counters and also at freestanding MAC cosmetics stores, though those are harder to find.

Besides purchasing them online as well, you can often find MAC cosmetics at cosmetics outlet stores at outlet malls. Although the pickings at the outlet stores are kind of hit and miss, I have found MAC Oh Baby lipglass there in the past both singly and in combo sets.

So happy hunting!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312109843660630/k2311a0921/9.21.09