MAC eyeshadow in Club  » Cosmetics  »
  • Even though MAC Club eyeshadow is one of the unique and multi-faceted, complex eyeshadow colors that MAC is known for coming out with, I think its true complexity is difficult to achieve
  • If you are thinking that MAC Club might be just the eyeshadow that you are looking for to add to your makeup bag, then I recommend you give it a try at your local MAC cosmetics counter in your local department store
  • Of course, the stock varies in the outlet stores, but the prices cannot be beat and you add the thrill of the bargain hunt to your shopping experience

• by deem

I originally became familiar with MAC eyeshadow in Club when I received it as one of the eyeshadows in a palette I purchased from MAC a few years ago. MAC Club eyeshadow appears to be a red-brown in the pan, but is actually more specifically described as a satin duochrome with green opalescent shimmer. Because the palette that I received MAC eyeshadow in Club in also contained MAC Vex eyeshadow, I have tended to wear the two eyeshadows in combination.

Generally, I apply MAC Vex eyeshadow to the lid or inner lid and MAC Club eyeshadow in the crease or to contour and sometimes to line with. Even though MAC Club eyeshadow is one of the unique and multi-faceted, complex eyeshadow colors that MAC is known for coming out with, I think its true complexity is difficult to achieve.

While it is not uncommon for me to wear MAC

Club eyeshadow, I cannot say that I have really ever achieved duochrome effect in a successful way. I have heard that the greenish duochrome tones come out best if MAC Club eyeshadow is used wet, or over a MAC paint, or over a dark base, or foiled.

However, I confesss that I generally don’t put all of that effort into putting on my eyeshadow. Therefore, I guess I don’t receive the full impact of this eyeshadow generally.

However, I find it to be flattering even without the duochrome effect so don’t be put off even if you think that it will be a rare day for you to put in all of that effort either. Even without the duochrome effect, I find that MAC Club is flattering to my green eyes and fair skin and is a nice change from the gray/black or beige/brown or white/ivory/taupe look that I wear ...

• on most days.

I think that MAC Club is an eyeshadow that works for all age groups, though it may be a little dark for the youngest teens who have not yet mastered their eyeshadow technique. It is also suitable for both a day and evening look.

It is not unusual for me to wear MAC Club to work where it gives a rather neutral eyeshadow look even when combined with MAC Vex eyeshadow. When I wear MAC Club with MAC Vex eyeshadow, I often wear MAC Nylon eyeshadow as my brow highlighter.

I usually apply MAC Club eyeshadow with an eyeshadow brush in the outer V or when wearing it in the crease or for contouring. When I use it to line my upper lid, I usually use an angled eyeliner brush to apply it.

I find MAC CLub eyeshadow to be well pigmented and relatively

easy to blend — though perhaps not as silky as some eyeshadows. If you are thinking that MAC Club might be just the eyeshadow that you are looking for to add to your makeup bag, then I recommend you give it a try at your local MAC cosmetics counter in your local department store.

You can also find MAC cosmetics at freestanding MAC stores, if you have one in the city where you live though these are rarer than the counters. In addition, you can order MAC Cosmetics online.

Furthermore, even though MAC eyeshadows are generally reasonably priced for a department store brand of cosmetics, you can also find MAC eyeshadows and other cosmetics at discounted prices at cosmetics outlet stores in outlet malls. Of course, the stock varies in the outlet stores, but the prices cannot be beat and you add the thrill of the bargain hunt to your shopping experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312109843610630/k2311a0921/9.21.09