Nokia 6700 - Orange Mobile
  • I could tell you all about the features, but that would be boring - and you can find that information anywhere
  • The things I've been impressed with so far are
  • If you want something more sexy, are a heavy texter, prefer larger screens or large keys then this phone is probably not the best for you

• by brightstar78

I’m on a pay monthly contract, and this phone was actually a replacement for a terrible Samsung u600 that just decided to stop working one day. Customer services talked me through a few replacement models, and since my needs were quite simple [I asked for a phone that a) works, b) DOESN’T have a touch screen and c) has a decent 5 megapixel camera] I just agreed to accept this phone without knowing much more about it.

It works.

There’s no touch-screen.

And there’s a 5 megapixel camera …

I could tell you all about the features, but that would be boring - and you can find that information anywhere.

The things I’ve been impressed with so far are: - The maps application, which is great for getting directions on the move - or storing a location, and planning the route before

you leave and then opening it later.

- The camera and video. The Camera is not great in low levels of light - or indeed indoor artificial light, unless the subject is quite still … but I’ve had some interesting effects with foreground objects sharp (autofocus) and background movement blurred, which is nice! I just find it handy to quickly snap a picture of something and transfer it via Bluetooth to my PC, or send it by MMS to a friend. And in daylight it’s pretty good. The video is surprisingly good too. The only annoying thing about that is the video files are not stored in your media folder - odd - the only way I’ve found to view them is to open the video application itself and play through there.

- The slim design with distinctly few buttons on ...

• the outer edges. That may sound odd. But bear with me: It’s not possible to accidentally turn something on or off by just picking up the phone with your fingers in the wrong place. I just hate that. Simple can be good.

- The feel of it. Again, that sounds odd. Hmm. It’s comfortingly solid, as though it will sustain little damage if dropped - and it feels weighty enough - without being a brick. It’s just flat. There are no buttons sticking out at the sides (see above rant) no mouse-buttons, raised areas on the front face, or back. It’s just sleek and very easy to hold.

The battery life is not too bad - usually 3 or 4 days for me (although I don’t heavily use games, maps and other apps - I do text a lot, use the web

browser once or twice a day, the calendar fairly regularly, the camera a few times etc)

It’s not entirely the bees-knees, there are a few issues. Like the wierd buzz it makes when you put it down on a hard surface (I kid you not, it gives a quick vibrate, odd) The buttons are not the easiest I’ve used - I find texting quite a bit slower, as I can’t skip over them quite as quickly, each one needs a good press. And it makes a bit of a clicking sound. That may put some people off …

If you want a subtle, nice looking phone that works pretty well with plenty of features to keep you amused, then you can’t go too far wrong. If you want something more sexy, are a heavy texter, prefer larger screens or large keys then this phone is probably not the best for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372109843230530/k2311a0921/9.21.09