Snow Patrol - A Hundred Million Suns
  • Even the love songs are more upbeat, optimistic, celebratory - there's real energy here, 'Crack the Shutters' being a particular favourite
  • Anyway I would thoroughly recommend this Album if you're familiar with Snow Patrol - it's their best yet in my humble but entirely correct opinion

• by brightstar78

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I’ve liked Snow Patrol since I first saw them at Isle of Wight festival years ago. And I really like this album … infact, I personally prefer it to their deubut ‘Final Straw’ which was hugely popular at the time, and still contains their best known and best loved songs.

It’s much more upbeat.

It’s generally a better paced album - melancholy songs and ballads are mixed in with rock belters and some energetic, catchy almost

pop-rock tunes.

‘Take Back The City’ is a prime example: Ridiculously catchy, and I defy anyone to feel glum and miserable when they hear it - there’s an infectious up-beat nature to that track.

Even the love songs are more upbeat, optimistic, celebratory - there’s real energy here, ‘Crack the Shutters’ being a particular favourite.

I love the lyrics on this album.

“A fire, a fire - you can only take what you can carry; a ...

• pulse, your pulse - it’s the only thing I can remember ….

” there’s definitely a poetic rhythm to the songs, aided by sometimes beautiful phrasing - “Painted in flames All peeling thunder Be the lightning in me That strikes relentless…” Indeed Lightning Strikes is my favourite track on the album.

It’s three songs rolled-into one, and an indulgent 16 mins or something long.

But the band can indulge anytime - if they produce anything as multi-layered,

dramatic, and moving as this.

It’s a feast of sound, I love it.

You may have guessed that already.

Anyway I would thoroughly recommend this Album if you’re familiar with Snow Patrol - it’s their best yet in my humble but entirely correct opinion ;-) If you’re a fan of Coldplay, Elbow, Keane and similar bands definitely give this a try, I’m sure you will become a fan ….

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142109843220530/k2311a0921/9.21.09