CVS Long Lasting Tussin Adult Cough  » Medicine  »
  • Recently when I had a cold, I was happy that I didn't get a cough with the cold
  • As time went by that day, I noticed that I was coughing less and less
  • I highly recommend CVS Long Acting Tussin to anyone who has a cough due to a cold

• by mom1

Recently when I had a cold, I was happy that I didn’t get a cough with the cold. I just breezed through a few days of a stuffy nose and a little sneezing. After about the third day, I started to get a dry hacking cough, but it still wasn’t anything that I felt needed any type of cough medication. As the days progressed, the cough got worse and worse. The worst part of this whole thing was that the cough seemed worse at night, or when I was lying down. I even tried sleeping with the vaporizer on. It helped relieve the dryness a little, but I was still up at night coughing.

I was getting very discouraged because I was so tired at work because I wasn’t sleeping well. I knew I had to do something because I was so tired during the day, and it was hard for me to get through the day. One day after work, I stopped at CVS drug store to see if I could find something that would help get rid of my cough. Even if I couldn’t find something to actually get rid of my cough, I was hoping that I could at least find a product that would quiet the cough long enough so I could get some sleep.

I came across CVS Tussin Adult Cough medicine. This cough medication was supposed to relieve coughs for up to eight hours, according to the box. I was very skeptical because I didn’t think anything that effective could be bought over the counter. I knew that a prescription cough preparation would effectively relieve a cough for longer than a few hours, but I didn’t expect if from an over the counter medication. Not only was this an over the counter medication, it was also the store brand too. Not that there’s anything wrong with a store brand medication, or any product for that matter, but I usually don’t associate a very effective medication with a generic or store brand label. Anyway, I tried the CVS Tussin Adult Cough medicine because ...

• CVS Long Lasting Tussin Adult Cough
      it had the same active ingredient as the brand name medications, and it was cheaper too.

When I got home, I took the recommended dosage and I was hoping that his cough medicine would stop my cough long enough so that I could get some sleep that night. As time went by that day, I noticed that I was coughing less and less. By the time I went to bed, I wasn’t coughing at all. I was so happy, but I was thinking that maybe I should take another dose of it before I went to bed, because I was afraid it might wear off during the night. As it turned out, I didn’t take any more cough

medicine because I wanted to see if it would work throughout the night from just taking the one dose. Sure enough, I was able to sleep through the night and I didn’t wake up once coughing. The next day, I took another two teaspoons of the CVS Long Acting Tussin and by that evening, I didn’t need to take it anymore, because my cough was almost completely gone. I highly recommend CVS Long Acting Tussin to anyone who has a cough due to a cold. Never take any medication until to discuss it with your health care provider or doctor first. Just because you can buy a medication over the counter, it doesn’t mean that it’s the right choice for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262109843080530/k2311a0921/9.21.09