Aleve Pain Reliever  » Medicine  »
1.0
  • Also, as much as I loved my grandmother, she was one strange cookie and she tended to adamantly demand her own way was the best and everyone else could hit the road if their opinion didn't jive with hers
  • However, I went to the store one day to get a bottle of pain reliever as I had run out some time ago and instead of picking up my normal Advil or Tylenol, a fresh commercial of Aleve ran through my head and I decided that I'd just pick up a bottle and try it out to see if it really did work

• by onerios13

I remember the first time I saw a commercial about Aleve Pain Reliever and how they were touting the fact that it took twice as much Tylenol or other over the counter medications to duplicate the same amount of pain relief just two of these large light blue pills could. It was way back in the day of course, but my dad decided that it must be a good pain reliever because one day he brought a bottle back for my grandmother who had constant back and shoulder aches because she was getting older and so any time the weather even hinted at a change, she’d just double over in knots and complain about how her body was just hurting so badly. Well, she took some of the Aleve dad brought home and after waiting a short while, declared that this stuff was pure junk and that

she hated it and would never ever use it again.

I was pretty surprised as well as my dad because later on he took some and thought they were just as good as any other medications out there and really didn’t know what my grandmother was talking about. But until the day she died, my grandmother wouldn’t trade her spit for another Aleve pill.

Well, for years, I didn’t buy Aleve because of what I heard my grandmother say about the stuff. But then again, she did say that you couldn’t pay her to go visit Paris, France, and I always thought that was hilarious because I would certainly go visit Paris if someone paid me to! Also, as much as I loved my grandmother, she was one strange cookie and she tended to adamantly demand her own way was the best and everyone else could hit the ...

• road if their opinion didn’t jive with hers.

I was both proud and exasperated with her stringent attitude, but no matter what I always did respect her views. However, I went to the store one day to get a bottle of pain reliever as I had run out some time ago and instead of picking up my normal Advil or Tylenol, a fresh commercial of Aleve ran through my head and I decided that I’d just pick up a bottle and try it out to see if it really did work.

And truthfully, I should have stuck with grandma’s opinion. I really did not like this stuff.

Not only did it not work well for me, but I actually got headaches from using it. They weren’t bad headaches, but they were painful and I got them near the back of my skull, so I don’t know what

the heck that was all about.

But I only used about a quarter of the bottle before I gave up on it and gave it to someone else. Since then I have never looked twice at this brand at the store and have faithfully just bought my Advil like I should have that time.

For those of you that like Aleve, good for you, but if you’ve never tried this brand because you’re just not sure if it works as well as your more familiar brands, I say, beware. Again, it could just be a genetic thing where I am just not compatible with the ingredients they use, but be forewarned that you might not be as well, so I say just stick to the pain relievers you know and love and stay away from the things that you don’t.

You’ll find yourself neither wasting your time or money.

Aleve Pain Reliever

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262009842540630/k2311a0920/9.20.09