UFC 2009 Undisputed  » Games  »
  • I've watched boxing matches here and there throughout the years and I have yet to be impressed with the punching and gouging and the blood spurts from broad broken noses
  • It's still vastly bloody and violent but what I like about this genre of fighting is the fact that there is so much more you can do including wrestling and mixed martial arts
  • But I have to admit that the slow-motion of each swing and take down is probably the best part of watching these fights because you are just so amazed at the speed and the pain that must be going through the other guy's body because if it had been me, I would just pretended to faint just to get out of the ring
  • And once you're finished making your character it's even more amazing to see the characters fight

• by onerios13

Being female it’s sometimes hard to appreciate watching two men try to make each other into hamburger meat in a ring made up of black fences with hundreds of people going ballistic around the ring, cheering their lungs out as they root for their favorites to choke the life out of their opponent. I’ve watched boxing matches here and there throughout the years and I have yet to be impressed with the punching and gouging and the blood spurts from broad broken noses. But I have to admit that I do like watching the Ultimate Fighting Championships or UFC because of the fact that it’s not just simple poking and jabbing your opponent with thickly padded gloves.

It’s still vastly bloody and violent but what I like about this genre of fighting is the fact that there is so much more you can do including wrestling and mixed martial arts. The fighters are also leaner, meaner and the stamina that is required to keep on their feet even after just five minutes is quite impressive to watch.

My fiance is a dedicated UFC fan and

watches matches whenever he can and he has suckered me into also watching the fights so now I can appreciate the skill and determination each fighter must have to survive in this battle of whipping legs and powerful take downs. The reactions of each contestant is literally lightening speed and there are times when that if you close your eyes even for a millisecond you could miss the entire end of the fight.

But I have to admit that the slow-motion of each swing and take down is probably the best part of watching these fights because you are just so amazed at the speed and the pain that must be going through the other guy’s body because if it had been me, I would just pretended to faint just to get out of the ring!

So what could be better than watching a fight? Why being IN the fight yourself of course! But not every person out there can train and give up so much in order to be prepared for such a grueling battle of testosterone, so the next best thing is to play ...

• a game as one of the well known UFC fighters in the world. So when the UFC 2009 Undisputed game came out, my fiance was over the moon and immediately went out and got one and of course cajoled me to play as well.

And I have to be honest and say that this is the most realistic game I have ever seen out there, bar none. Just making your character alone could take up to an hour what with the many choices for hair, skin, figure and yes even mouth guard you can choose from.

And once you’re finished making your character it’s even more amazing to see the characters fight. The first time I saw this, I honestly couldn’t tell if it was a real match or if it was the game! The blood spurting out of the mouth and noses were so realistic, I actually cringed when I saw it the first time.

The controls are over all quite easy to use, and I end up just pushing every button on the controller and hoping and praying that somehow I will be

able to beat my fiance! Of course I haven’t so far because I am SO not a gamer, but this game is super fun to watch and to play. I normally just sit by my fiance as he either gets his butt whipped by his friend or visa versa (depending on who he’s playing as), but really, it is an amazing piece of computer art that makes you feel that you are right there in the middle of the action.

I give it two thumps up, not only because of the amazing graphics but the time and ingenuity as well as even the announcer’s voice overs as they talk about the fight as if they were right there watching it. And the most exciting part is near the end of the fight when the screen will fade to a gray color and you can hear the heartbeat of the other guy’s pounding through the speakers.

Makes it even more real and breath-taking as far as the action goes. A fun and very cool game and a must have for anyone who is even remotely into the UFC scene.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282009842530630/k2311a0920/9.20.09