Efads #80 Dollar Store at Surrey Central Mall, Canada  » Shopping  »
10153 King George Highway, Surrey, British Columbia
  • I used to come here very often, until I found out that the Dollarama dollar store was much better
  • I know for a fact that most everything at the dollar store is made in China, so maybe it’s just supply and demand
  • I have to thank Efads though, for helping me solve the problem with my broken toilet flush
  • This is one of the reasons why I love going to a dollar store
  • I even got a 4-piece light bulb package for just a dollar, and I still have two left at home, when the last time I bought the lights must have been over a year ago

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I used to come here very often, until I found out that the Dollarama dollar store was much better. Once every two weeks looked more like it, since they used to carry my favorite shampoo, body wash, coffee, bathroom tissue, paper towel, and dish washing liquid.

But not anymore. I don’t know why they had to change their inventory so drastically. The aromatherapy body wash, for example, is to die for, although it is nowhere to be found. There was a warning on the label that too much prolonged use could cause serious skin irritation. Probably this was the reason Efads no longer carry this brand.

As for the missing dish washing liquid and

bathroom tissue brands, I have no idea why they’re gone. I know for a fact that most everything at the dollar store is made in China, so maybe it’s just supply and demand. Luckily, my favorite Alibi facial wipes are still around, so if only for these, the counter clerks at Efads can still expect to see drop by every now and then.

They are not very friendly, though, from my recollection, only the East Indian lady there is kind enough. The rest of the staff look hurried and eager to get rid of you. I often hear them engaging in too much chitchat even when there are customers around, so maybe this ...

• is all most of the staff want to do around here.

Don’t be fooled by a dollar store like Efads as there are some stuff that you may think are cheap but aren’t. For example, the soft drinks and the water, which they sell for $1 per container. They can be much cheaper if you bought them in bulk at Zellers or Safeway.

The same goes for the diminutive jar of coffee, so don’t be fooled. I have to thank Efads though, for helping me solve the problem with my broken toilet flush. With the help of a drain stopper with a handle for $1, I was able to fix the problem.

This is one

of the reasons why I love going to a dollar store. It gives me countless ideas on how to fix common problems at a very affordable cost. For example, two pairs of yellow dish washing gloves are only $1 here, and they are quite sturdy they often last me for a month or two.

I even got a 4-piece light bulb package for just a dollar, and I still have two left at home, when the last time I bought the lights must have been over a year ago. True, they are not energy efficient, but who can argue with one dollar?

LindaJoy says :

My friends and I have been faithful customers of EFAD`S for many years. The one near us WAS located in the Langley mall on 203 St and 56th Avenue…We are lost without our dollar store, which closed a little over a month ago. We were sure that this store would NEVER close, and are very unhappy as there is not anotherone anywhere in our vicinity…I am hoping that you can tell us when and where another will open near us, or even explain why this one had to close…we wish you all the best, and look forward to your response Your faithful customer LindaJoy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242009842300630/k2311a0920/9.20.09