Polytechnic University of the Philippines Laboratory High School (PUPLHS) in Manila, Philippines  » Education  »
Anonas Street, Sta. Mesa, Manila, Philippines 01008
  • I was even tempted to take my college or university education here later on, which was aborted when I decided to attend the prestigious University of the Philippines (U
  • Unfortunately, though, sometimes a petroleum-processing plant near the school sometimes leaked
  • One last interesting thing about the education in this high school was its commercial orientation
  • I wasn’t any good in the first two vocations, so I would finish high school majoring in salesmanship, which I enjoyed though

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I attended the high school of this university from 1977 to 1981. PUPLHS was a lovely high school to be a part of; I had so many happy memories. I was even tempted to take my college or university education here later on, which was aborted when I decided to attend the prestigious University of the Philippines (U.P.) in 1982.

PUPLHS has so many beautiful facilities, one of which is a scenic, man made lagoon with a fully functional bamboo hut at the center. There was also a rather impressive gym and an Olympics-size

swimming pool where I first learned to swim. Unfortunately, though, sometimes a petroleum-processing plant near the school sometimes leaked. On a number of occasions, students had to be sent home due to the poisonous leaks from our next-door neighbor.

Too bad, it was too far from where we lived in the Philippines so I had to commute every day. My mother also taught as a professor in the college, so I could always run to her when I didn’t want to go home alone.

Although there were many places to eat just outside the ...

• campus, PUPLHS had a rather huge canteen in which to eat our lunch. I must say my teachers were rather great, and had exacting standards.

I flunked the last phase of my citizen military training, which was mandated by the government at that time, so I had to spend the last summer in this high school helping the school janitor maintain the garden and other facilities.

It was humiliating, but I had to swallow my pride. Other than this, there were no other major glitches. Finishing high school, I set my sights on commencing my

college education.

One last interesting thing about the education in this high school was its commercial orientation. For example, you had to major in bookkeeping, stenography, or salesmanship. I wasn’t any good in the first two vocations, so I would finish high school majoring in salesmanship, which I enjoyed though. I felt that it was a course that I could really apply myself into, in addition to the fact that it had practical applications to the bigger world out there.

lorraine ferrer says :

what do i need to become highschool teacher in bookkeeping?

Galega says :

You are required to first loaded with all necessary educational qualifications. Being graduate is one of them. Apart from that you need to have some teacher’s eligibility certificate. Apply and get ready for the written test and/or interview.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501909841951030/k2311a0919/9.19.09