Cutex Manicure Correction Nail Polish Remover Pen  » Cosmetics  »
  • Before I realized I needed treatment for this, by a professional, and with real medication, I was just hiding the problem with constant nail polish
  • I love polishing my nails and going out with a nice finished look on my feet
  • I get to work and notice a very unattractive smear in the polish that was VERY noticeable, given that the polish was bright and deep red, so I had to go to the store nextdoor and try to find something manageable to, unfortunately, remove the polish entirely

• by Anasuya

I started working last year, after a seven year haitus during which time I was home raising my kids. As such, I hardly ever almost wore shoes, because there wasn’t a need for it around the house, and when I went out running my weekly errands, I could generally throw on a pair of flip flops or sandals. So, when I started working and had to wear claustraphobic and closed toe shoes, it wasn’t long before I started noticing that my toes were taking the brunt of this new damage. I’d take my shoes off at night and my toes and the balls of my feet would be stinging they were so sore. But ultimately, what bothered me the most, because I’ve always loved my feet (which I inhereted from my mother- she had dancer’s feet with a nice arch and beautiful toes), was the discoloring that was starting to show up on my nails. The closed toe shoes were so confining after so many years during which I didn’t have to wear them for extended lengths of time, that it actually caused a fungus.

The first foot fungus I had ever had in my life and, hopefully now that I’m aware, the last!

Before I realized I needed treatment for this, by a professional, and with real medication, I was just hiding the problem with constant nail polish. I love polishing my nails and going out with a nice “finished look” on my feet. Sometimes, especially during the summer, this completes a look, as frivolous as that may sound, but women know what I’m talking about. I was applying polish before work one day (thankfully we can wear sandals during the summer), and they weren’t completely dry when I rushed to put my shoes on and head out the door. I get to work and notice a very unattractive smear in the polish that was VERY noticeable, given that the polish was bright and deep red, so I had to go to the store nextdoor and try to find something manageable to, unfortunately, remove the polish entirely. I didn’t want to get a whole bottle of nail polish remover, because I didn’t want to cart it around, nor did ...

• I want to stink up the whole break room with the smell of that stuff, but I did find the Cutex polish remover stick. Anything portable and travel size is a friend to me, and I’m a sucker for these products. It was $3 or $4, I can’t remember, and that’s expensive for this little stick, but it’s handy for emergencies like this.

though the size of it IS indeed very convenient, and it works like any nail polish remover works, it also SMELLS like any other nail polish remover. You don’t have to wipe it off with cotton balls or tissue, you just press the tip like you would a permanent market to release the liquid and then rub it over the nail to remove the polish. I love that the pen is all I need and I don’t have to carry anything else with me. Of course, it didn’t exactly help with the smell problem that I was worried about, and I ended up having to excuse myself out the back door and do it outside, but because it was so easy to

use, that wasn’t as much a hassle as I thought it would be.

I would definitely recommend this product. Easy to use, and I plan on buying another one and taking it with me on my trip to Vegas next month (during which I plan to have beautifully painted nails!), so I know I can easily correct any problems without the cottonball hassel. One thing I do have to say is that if you have a sub-par nail polish and have to apply three coats to get good coverage, this product might not be practical, because you’d have to work on that nail for ever to get that much polish off. I use bright and deep colors, but I only have to apply one coat because it’s a good polish, so it doesn’t take nearly as much as it otherwise would to remove what needs to be removed. Also, it’s only good for a couple uses (if you’re doing all ten toes or fingers), so be prepared to run out if you’re planning on using this as an all-the-time nail polish remover. Save it for emergency and travel purposes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311909841700930/k2311a0919/9.19.09