Freerice.com

• by carpediem

Hunger brings about death in destitute nations of the world. I am elated to be able to help through www.freerice.com; the site is a non-profit website own by United Nations World Program. On October 7, 2007, freerice was born, since then it has distributed free rice in countries such as Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Myanmar, Nepal and Uganda. As a proof, you can watch the video of fortunate people receiving rice gathered through the freerice website.

In the past, I stay

online for long hours doing trivial and profitable things. Now, I have more reason to stay online—helping others. Giving without spending seems like impossible, not if you’re in freerice.com, amidst all of it, I was able to learn new words. While I am learning online, in some other parts of the world famine is being addressed upon.

How does it work? With every right answer you get, the sponsor whose banner appears beneath the site will donate 10 grains of ...

• rice. Hence, the more right answer you get, the more rice is donated. The subject of the test is composed of Art, Chemistry, English, Language, Math and Geography; each has up to 60 levels. You’re free to choose subject you either want to learn or the one whom you have greater knowledge of. Every time I visit the site, I opt for English grammar and vocabulary. At times, I try Spanish and French, but I better stick to English
        if I want to donate more rice in a short period.

Free rice and education for people are achieved in a single site. I just hoped more websites would emulate their noble deeds. If so people will no longer has to suffer from hunger. In one of the social networking sites that I’ve joined, I have included the URL of freerice and I also encouraged my friends to spend some time. With a little time to give, more life is saved.

Freerice.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201909841630930/k2311a0919/9.19.09