Eminem-Curtain Call  » Music  »
  • I think that the reason this track was and is so popular is because at the time this music was something completely diverse and daring
  • That’s not me being critical or stereotypical either, that’s just how people perceive this genre which is totally wrong, because for me, Eminem is one of the most talented rap artists to date and his army of fans will agree, I’m sure
  • The thing that I like about this track is how the lyrics tell the story of an obsessive fan called Stan who kills himself after he doesn’t get a reply to any of his fan mail from Eminem
  • I know that some people think that maybe Eminem was being a bit conceited writing this track so early in his career, but he has millions of fans worldwide and this song is still one of his most popular, I guess it just goes to show that a little confidence goes a long way
  • I’d recommend that everyone (apart from younger people) buy this album because it is well worth the money

• by zoeeb

Eminem- Curtain Call (The Hits)

Is it just me or is Eminem always supposedly retiring from the hip hop scene only to come back with yet another release? Well, not that I’m complaining of course, The more music from this rap genius the better as far as I’m concerned! This album (Curtain Call) is one of the latest in a never ending long line of hit releases and one of the finest too. Obviously, any song by this guy won’t be suitable for younger listeners, but for die-hard hip hop fans this album is a must own. The first song that jumps out at me is track number 4, ‘My Name Is’. If you have been a fan of Eminem from the start then you will have heard this track.

It is the track that put Marshall Mathers where he is today, one of his most popular releases from his earlier music career and if you listen to it then I’m sure you will see why. I think that the reason this track was and is so popular is because at the time this music was something completely diverse and daring. When most people

think of rap music they don’t picture a blonde haired, white guy with baggy trousers and a talent to rap like no other.

That’s not me being critical or stereotypical either, that’s just how people perceive this genre which is totally wrong, because for me, Eminem is one of the most talented rap artists to date and his army of fans will agree, I’m sure. The next track is one that really got me into listening to Eminem. An interesting featuring artist too, Dido! Before I’d heard this track, ‘Stan’, Dido is the last person that I would expect to do a song with Eminem.

Her calming, pop and easy listening music and Eminem’s aggressive, cursing rap music is not something that I would imagine working together, but this track completely blows that statement out of the water because it works perfectly. The thing that I like about this track is how the lyrics tell the story of an obsessive fan called Stan who kills himself after he doesn’t get a reply to any of his fan mail from Eminem. Eminem gets around to replying eventually but it’s too late.

I know that ...

• some people think that maybe Eminem was being a bit conceited writing this track so early in his career, but he has millions of fans worldwide and this song is still one of his most popular, I guess it just goes to show that a little confidence goes a long way!

The next track that was so popular on this album is track 6, ‘Lose Yourself’. I’m not sure what makes this song so appealing to so many, I think it could possibly be because it shows the newer style that Eminem came out with a few years ago. He has incorporated many different sounds and has also got the level of aggression just right to fit with the lyrics along with an incredible hook of a chorus to match.

If you are a fan of more recent material from Eminem then I’m pretty sure that you will like this track. Equally, if you are a fan of older material released by Eminem then you will probably like this too because it’s just new and improved, this guy gets better and better with each new song in my opinion. Another track worth mentioning

is a more recent song, ‘Toy Soldiers’.

This track was also on the ‘Encore’ album, and again, it was and is one of the most popular. This track is poles apart from the likes of ‘The Real Slim Shady’ or ‘Lose It’ where there is an element of comedy, this is one of Eminem’s most passionate, heart-felt and serious track to date. It is about the bad side of the hip hop/rap scene.

The gangs, the shootings, the murders and everything else that is wrong with this scene. He speaks about how he doesn’t want to be involved and how he is against it, it’s actually quite a positive spin on the negative side of things. It’s well worth a listen if you haven’t heard ‘Toy Soldiers’ before.

This album from Eminem features pretty much all of his best material as well as some lesser known hidden gems that are also really worth a listen. If you are a fan of Eminem then you have to add this album to your collection because it would be incomplete without it. I’d recommend that everyone (apart from younger people) buy this album because it is well worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141909841530930/k2311a0919/9.19.09