Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • I enjoyed this book as in all of the Harry Potter books
  • I think Rowling ran out of new things to introduce and decided to kill a few of her characters instead for impact
  • I was not too impressed with the abbreviated description of Harry’s romance with Ginny

• by TheAdvocate

The sixth book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was not such a page-turner for me as I expected. This was the first time that I waited for the release of the book, and in fact, I reserved a copy from my favorite bookstore.

I was one of the first ones

to line up for this book, and I eagerly brought my copy to a nearby restaurant and started reading.

I enjoyed this book as in all of the Harry Potter books.

I guess I was glad too that the character of Harry Potter became lighter.

I think Rowling ran out of new things to introduce and decided ...

• to kill a few of her characters instead for impact.

I enjoyed watching Harry excel at a subject other than Defense Against the Dark Arts even though he had unwitting help from Snape.

To be honest, I appreciated this book only after I read the seventh book and realized that most of the ending was hinged

on the sixth book.

The idea that a wizard could split his soul and hide it was a bit out there, but it was indeed fodder for thought.

I was not too impressed with the abbreviated description of Harry’s romance with Ginny.

I have not read this book as much as the other ones in the series.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171809841460930/k2311a0918/9.18.09