Sachem North High School  » Education  »
Lake Ronkonkoma. NY
  • We all want what is best for our children and when it comes to school districts on Long Island, Sachem is one of if not the best one there is

• by Valerie

Sachem North high school is the type of school you send your son or daughter to if you want them to succeed in life. Sachem school district actually prepares children from kindegarten through twelfth grade to go to whatever college they may choose. I recall being five years old and in the process of moving. I couldn’t understand why it was so important that we move to a house that was within the Sachem school district. Now, being an adult myself yet not quite a parent, I completely understand. We all want what is best for our children and when it comes to school districts on Long Island, Sachem is one of if not the best one there is.

First of all, I can remember starting out as a yungster and even in elementary school I never had a brand new teacher. All of m teachers were older, mature and experienced YET at the same time kindhearted sweet and understnading. All of these teachers were gifted at what they did, they were able to teach us so much without ever really letting us unerstand that we were learning. We all thought we were just having fun. When a teacher can make a student think they are having fun and is actually teaching something, you know they are doing a good job.

When junior high rolled around the work never seemed too difficult but now that I look back upon ...

• it, we were learning a heck of a lot between literaure, history, science and math. This is when they begin to divide up the students, which is beneficiak for all. The kids with the highest grades get placed into honots courses, the kids with the nediocw grades get placedoin the regujar classes while the slower kids get put into challenge classes. This class system tog may not sound quite right at first, won’t the kids in the challenge classes feel stupid? But this system ends up benefiting everyone. The smarter kids are able to speed ahead while the children that need more time and attention are given the time and attention they need and deserve.

Sachem has the best teachers

and the best reputation. The teachers help the students realize their full potentials and offer great guidance in the way of colleges. The teachers and faculty at Sachem are very approachable and always willing to have a discussion about whatever it may be. When a Sachem student reachers their sernior year, these conversations tend to be about college.

The faculty at Sachem prepares students for college and then counsels and guides them toward the right one. The Sachem reputation is so great that it even gives a Sachem student an extra boost on their college application. Therefore, I NOW understand why it was so important for my mother and father to buy a house within the Sachem school district.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501809841410930/k2311a0918/9.18.09