Natrol Liquid Melatonin  » Medicine  »
  • I never knew it affects you that deeply, but lack of sleep can shorten your life span, and that's definitely something I don't want to experience, especially now that I'm knocking on 40 years of age
  • So, I found Natrol Liquid Melatonin and thought it sounded great
  • I've heard some of my family members talk about taking melatonin in pill form (even my sister-in-law who is a nurse), but I think I prefer the drops because they seem to work faster than pills typically do, because those are so dependant on wether or not you eat first, or how fast your body absrobs nutrients through the stomach, etc. So, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised
  • The little bottle doesn't go very far for the $6.99 cost, but I'm willing to splurge

• by Anasuya

Okay, so to say I have sleeping problems is a major understatement. The smallest thing can totally interrupt my sleep in the strangest of ways. I’ve always had problems falling and staying asleep and was, not too long ago, clinically diagnosed with Delayed Sleep Disorder, which is totally different than Insomnia. I CAN fall asleep, it just takes me three hours, and then I’m up every half an hour after that. It can be exhausting to say the least. And there’s other things that have affected my sleep which, in turn, affect my day, even if it’s something you don’t really think will bother your health in the long run. When I got to speak with a sleep specialist, however,

I discovered that my snoring, teeth grinding and talking in my sleep really DO disrupt my night. Even though I may be asleep, I’m not getting quality sleep because of these things, and so I could sleep for ten hours, but because of all the interruptions and other things, it’s really equivalant to only getting two or three hours of sleep. I never knew it affects you that deeply, but lack of sleep can shorten your life span, and that’s definitely something I don’t want to experience, especially now that I’m knocking on 40 years of age.

I’ve tried prescription sleep medication, but gave it up when I realized that the side effects were almost as bad for my health as the lack of sleep, so I turned towards natural remedies and things that weren’t so highly medicated. Even the over-the-counter pills I try to stay away from because they are highly addictive and can ultimately make your sleeping patterns worse.

So, I found Natrol Liquid Melatonin and thought it sounded great. It bsically contains 1mg of melatonin, and natural flavors, purified water and Acohol USP, so I figured that’s about as all natural as I’ll get without flat-out eating herbs! You take four droppers full of liquid about 20 minutes before bedtime and you can mix it with water. I don’t typically like to mix it with water because I don’t want to have to get up in the ...

• Natrol Liquid Melatonin
      middle of the night to go to the bathroom and therefore defeating the purpose of a sleep aid. So I just take the droppers full of it and go from there. It doesn’t taste great, despite the natural flavors, but it doesn’t taste exactly bad either. I guess it’s a matter of simply getting used to it.

Usually, medication takes forever to work on me, but this stuff was rather effective pretty quickly. I was able to fall asleep in about a half an hour after taking it, and it felt very natural and not at all drug-induced. I’ve heard some of my family members talk about taking melatonin in pill form (even my sister-in-law who is a nurse), but

I think I prefer the drops because they seem to work faster than pills typically do, because those are so dependant on wether or not you eat first, or how fast your body absrobs nutrients through the stomach, etc. So, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The little bottle doesn’t go very far for the $6.99 cost, but I’m willing to splurge. I use it mostly now only once or twice a week, because of the cost, but also because I don’t want to have to use a product all the time to be able to sleep. And, ultimately, even though I don’t take it every day, I think it’s helped me even on those days I don’t take it. Very nice product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261809840880830/k2311a0918/9.18.09