Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes
2.5
  • I know, it's obsessive, but at least I have a clean house as a result
  • I like to find products that make the job easier
  • Some of the wipes are even flushable, which can be convenient when cleaning the bathroom
  • The first time I used this product, I was pretty much immediately disappointed
  • I think I'll just stick with my generic brands

• by Anasuya

I’m a clean person. Admittedly, sometimes I can be a little (as my kids like to call it) anal retentive. I can go over the same surface, wiping it down, a dozen times, and still feel like it’s not quite that clean! I know, it’s obsessive, but at least I have a clean house as a result! And, because I clean… alot… I like to find products that make the job easier. Any of those two-in-one, three-in-one (a dozen-in-one would be even better) are fantastic and I’m the first to give them a shot. One of my most favorite products to use are the disinfecting wipes you can use in your kitchen and bathroom. Some of the wipes are even flushable, which can be convenient when cleaning the

bathroom.

I was grocery shopping last week, just picking up a few items, and my husband called to remind me we were out of our disinfecting wipes. Usually, I buy the generic brands, and I’ve actually always been happy with those. They are cheap, work great and go a long way, but at the store, they were having a sale on Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes, at 2 for $5, which is even less expensive than most of the generic brands, so I hurried up and grabbed one and headed on my way.

The container says that there are two sides, one rough side with built in scrubbing fibers to get the tough stains and grit from the surface, and then a softer side for wiping it all

up. They are, of course, pre-moistened with citrus smelling anti-bacterial agents, and I really did enjoy the smell. Too many times you find cleaners that smell so much like heavy chemicals, even some of the wipes, and though that may make your house smell clean, it also makes it smell like a hospital! Not great when you want to invite company over and hope they enjoy your clean house!

The first time I used this product, I was pretty much immediately disappointed. I had just finished cooking dinner, and there were some tough spots on the stove top. I used the scrubbing side to get it up, and that wasn’t so bad, because you didn’t have to scrub hard to remove the spots, though you did have to ...

• Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes
      scrub often. I suppose if I really exerted more pressure, the spot would have come up sooner. It’s the wiping side that I had problems with. The towelettes are so moistoned that you end up with a severely wet surface afterwards, and there’s no texture to the wiping side to help catch the little particles that the scrubbing side losened up. I ended up having to get a regular kitchen towel to catch all these food bits and pieces because these Lysol wipes just sort of moved them around on the counter verses picking them up.

I did, however, also use this on the bathtub and toilet to see how they would work. In the toilet, they work great. These aren’t flushable, but that doesn’t bother me so

much. The scrubbing action works well on toilet grime, and it doesn’t matter that the wiping action doesn’t work, because you just have to flush to loosen and get rid of the particles the scrubbing side disturbs. It didn’t, though, work at all to remove soap scum from the bathtub. I thought the scrubbing side would work pretty much like a scouring powder, such as comet, but it didn’t. I scrubbed hard and for a long time but still didn’t get any results.

So I guess I’m on the fence with this product. It scrubs well enough, though anything really tough is likely something you’re just stuck with until you try a different product, but the wiping side wasn’t very good at all. I think I’ll just stick with my generic brands.

Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes
Marlys Anderson says :

Can you use the diinfecting dual action wipes on kitchen counters and cutting boards?

John says :

Yes, it’s safe to use on counters and all other kitchen surfaces.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341809840800830/k2311a0918/9.18.09