Kiehls Lip Balm #1
  • Because I sometimes suffer from dry, chapped lips, I decided to try Kiehls Lip Balm #1
  • I also find that, if I apply Kiehls Lip Balm #1 to my lips when they are not feeling dry and chapped, but rather apply the lip balm regularly, that I can usually avoid my lips becoming dry and chapped to begin with
  • I have had my tube of Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 for a couple of years now, but I think that it cost about $10.00
  • While the Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 tube is small enough that it is convenient to have in my makeup bag when I travel and it is easier to wear under lip gloss or lipstick, I don't think that those features are enough to make me want to spend $10.00 to purchase it

• by deem

I originally tried Kiehls Lip Balm #1 because it was recommended to me as a good lip balm. Because I sometimes suffer from dry, chapped lips, I decided to try Kiehls Lip Balm #1. I find that, when I apply Kiehls Lip Balm #1 to my lips when they are feeling dry and chapped, my lips become softer and less painful.

I also find that, if I apply Kiehls Lip Balm #1 to my lips when they are not feeling dry and chapped, but rather apply the lip balm regularly, that I can usually avoid my lips becoming dry and chapped to begin with. If you are thinking of trying Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1, I should warn you that it can feel kind of greasy on your lips so if you do not like lip balms that feel greasy then this is not the product for you.

Although I have heard that some of Kiehl’s lip balms have a flavor to

them, such as vanilla or mango, the Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 that I have is unflavored, clear, and does not have any kind of taste. Kiehls’ Lip Balm #1 comes in a small tube.

In order to apply, you have to squeeze a little bit out onto a fingertip and then rub it onto your lips. If I apply Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 with a relatively light hand and wait a few minutes before applying my lipgloss or lipstick, I find that this lip balm does not interfere with my lipgloss or lipstick.

I have had my tube of Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 for a couple of years now, but I think that it cost about $10. While I think that it is an effective lip balm, I do not think that I will repurchase Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 for several reasons.

First, I have been using petroleum jelly on my lips at night since I was a teenager, which means I ...

• have been using it as a nighttime lip moisturizer for about forty years. Although it is kind of greasy and I am not a big fan of licking petroleum jelly off my lips at night, it serves the purpose of keeping my lips moisturized and also discourages me from licking my lips unconsciously which is one of the reasons my lips become chapped in the first place.

I can buy a huge plastic jar of petroleum jelly for about a dollar that will last me for ages. It is also versatile and can be used as a moisturizer on dry heels, for example, in a pinch.

The only problems with the petroleum jelly is that the jar is hard to travel with and it is so greasy that it is difficult to apply lip products, such as lipstick or lipgloss, over. While the Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 tube is small enough that it is convenient to have in my makeup bag

when I travel and it is easier to wear under lip gloss or lipstick, I don’t think that those features are enough to make me want to spend $10 to purchase it.

I could just as easily buy a smaller container of the petroleum jelly to tuck in my overnight bag and just try to apply a smaller amount of the petroleum jelly to try to not interfere with my lipstick or lipgloss. Furthermore, there is no place in the town where I live that sell Kiehl’s products so I would have to travel to the next town or order it online.

I just don’t find Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 to be so great that it is worth all of that inconvenience as well as the price. I am continuing to use it when I travel and, if I somehow obtained another tube of Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 I would happily use it, but I will not go out of my way to repurchase it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311809840410730/k2311a0918/9.18.09