Hilroy Notebooks
1.5
  • It was a very discouraging experience to be so far away from north America, no access to my laptop to be making digital notes, and be left with a pencil and notebook which was literally falling like ashes as I finished writing each page
  • I highly recommend that anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Hilroy notebook to be very careful and examine the product closely, especially if your future notes to fill the pages are important to you

• by jpcrusino

The Hilroy 150 page hard cover notebook was a severe disappointment to me. I was traveling the world with a fresh copy of their blank notebooks commonly offered in big-box department stores. The book was 5.

99, which is a reasonably high price for two slabs of cardboard and about 75 sheets of ten by seven paper. It was on my journey that I was not only catching myself reflecting about this product being over priced, but also reflecting upon the annoyances of a notebook that does not serve its purpose by any standards.

I

was making very detailed and important documentation of a certain mystical art form that I have been studying for a few years. Now I had come across the globe to study in great detail and in maximum authenticity.

So, I began to write daily about my experiences in pencil. It was only about two days into my writing, and about the 10th or 12th page that suddenly each page I turned would fall out.

I would have been much less annoyed if the pages were tearing out with very little force… this was not ...

• the case. Each page as it was turned would literally fall out of the book.

Because of the remote area in which I was studying, to find another simple notebook was not going to be very easy at all. So I continued to write with these inept resources before me.

It was a very discouraging experience to be so far away from north America, no access to my laptop to be making digital notes, and be left with a pencil and notebook which was literally falling like ashes as I finished writing each page.

/> After I returned back to my homeland, I stopped writing in this notebook immediately, and told my friends to be wary of such a wasteful product.

Now I will either have to spend a couple hours rebinding the 5. 99 notebook, or I will simply have to collect all the fallen out pages and file them safely away for when my studies will continue.

I highly recommend that anyone who is thinking of purchasing a Hilroy notebook to be very careful and examine the product closely, especially if your future notes to fill the pages are important to you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121809840240730/k2311a0918/9.18.09