Mid America Camp Inn, Goodland, Kansas  » Travel  »
Goodland, KA - right off the I-70
  • I found the real charm of this park to be the openness and space between campers, the gentle breezes and a place to let my cats out of the car for a couple of days
  • Reasonably priced at just $19.00/night for a tent camper, I would recommend this park for anyone who just wants a place to get out of the car and doesn’t need all the bells & whistles of a 4-star resort

• by Lynn Star

Mid America Camp Inn, is right off the I-70 in Goodland, KS. Though probably at its peak 30 years ago, this park is a few hundred sprawling flat acres with hundreds of slots for RVs, trailers and tent campers.

The majority of theses ample pull-thru spaces have cement slabs for leveling your vehicle, water & sewer, electricity to the site

and picnic tables with mature trees offering plenty of shade on warm summer days.

The older communal building houses the Laundromat (also a cluttered store room), restrooms and antiquated summer camp-like showers with short, thin shower curtains.

However, everything seemed to be adequately clean.

There is a small outdoor pool for guests.

And pets are welcomed.

The park does provide ...

• free WiFi, but the signal, at best, is weak and a good strong wind can interrupt your connection.

Still, according to my map, WiFi connections along the I-70 all the way across Kansas are sparse, so the effort to provide it at all is noted.

gentle breezes and a place to let my cats out of the car for a couple of days.

Reasonably priced at just $19/night for a tent camper, I would recommend this park for anyone who just wants a place to get out of the car and doesn’t need all the bells & whistles of a 4-star resort.

I would stay there again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809840100730/k2311a0918/9.18.09