Sprint Nextel  » Cellular services  »
2.0
  • Nextel cell service used to be some of the best service around
  • Nextel cannot seem to give me an appropriate answer as to why this is a constant problem
  • The cost of the service is a little on the high side for the quality I am receiving

• by sweetkiara

Nextel cell service used to be some of the best service around. I was an avid fan of Nextel prior to their merging with Sprint. Now I have nothing but hassles and headaches. My service is unreliable which drives me crazy. I am constantly calling customer service to find out why my text messages are not working. Half the time I can’t send them out and the other half I

cannot receive.

My husband texts me from work often so I almost always know the real time my messages are sent out. Many days I do not get those messages for hours after they are sent. Nextel cannot seem to give me an appropriate answer as to why this is a constant problem. One time they had intercepted my messages and put a block. When I called in they said ...

• they blocked it for suspicious activity. What activity?! Apparently I am using my unlimited service too much and Nextel feels the need to intervene from time to time.

Another annoying aspect of their service is people are constantly telling me that they cannot get through to me when they call. Either they are rolled over to voice-mail straight away, or they are greeted with an automated message stating to please

wait while the Nextel subscriber is located. I have missed a ton of calls because of this and I am often chewed out by family members who believe I am ignoring them.

The cost of the service is a little on the high side for the quality I am receiving. I have a Nextel Blackberry which means I am kind of stuck with their service for as long as I am using the phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221709839491130/k2311a0917/9.17.09