The Jungle Book movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I think this might also be because most of those characters were later in the show Talespin, which I used to watch on a regular basis as a kid and keep imagining them in that role instead
  • Whatever the case was, I have to say, after seeing the movie for the first time after hearing so much about it, I actually ended up disappointed in it

• by Steve

You know, I have seen the live action version of the movie The Jungle Book but this past weekend was the first time I’ve seen the cartoon version. After finally getting a chance to watch it (with my daughter) I have to say I liked the live version better.

This isn’t a terrible movie, don’t get

me wrong, it’s just the movie has too many cute Disney characters in it to be overly enjoyable for me.

I think this might also be because most of those characters were later in the show Talespin, which I used to watch on a regular basis as a kid and keep imagining them in that role ...

• instead.

The songs were pretty decent though, I’ll give the movie some credit with that.

I think I was humming Bear Necessities for hours after watching the movie.

And, at least as far as my daughter is concerned, it was a good movie for her.

Perhaps I’m getting too old for cartoons (something I once thought

would never happen to me) or maybe shows like Talespin managed to ruin movies like this for me.

Whatever the case was, I have to say, after seeing the movie for the first time after hearing so much about it, I actually ended up disappointed in it.

I’m just glad my daughter didn’t end up the same way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111709839311130/k2311a0917/9.17.09