Eskimo Pie  » Food  »
2.5
  • I think it would have to be on sale and be cheaper than the competition for me to buy a box on my own
  • And, considering the well-known name, I can’t help but say I’m disappointed by that

• by Steve

I stopped at my parents to borrow a couple things I needed for chili last night and, because they weren’t eating them and knew we would, they sent home part of a box of Eskimo Pies with me. I got a chance to try them and I have to confess, they just weren’t as

good as I remember them being.

Of course, the box they sent home with us weren’t traditional Eskimo Pies.

This box was a pie that was based on Nestle Crunch Bars.

They were OK but the taste wasn’t as sweet as I remember from this brand.

The chocolate also didn’t melt in my mouth ...

• the same way it used to.

My wife’s biggest complaint was the size.

The treats weren’t big enough for an adult at all.

We each ate one and found ourselves wanting more chili a short time after because we were still hungry (and didn’t want to eat all the ice cream in one night).

/> After trying this product for the first time in a while, I am not sure I would spend my money on it.

I think it would have to be on sale and be cheaper than the competition for me to buy a box on my own.

And, considering the well-known name, I can’t help but say I’m disappointed by that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271709839301130/k2311a0917/9.17.09