George Foreman Indoor Grill  » Housewares  »
  • In my experience, Bratwurst and hot dogs turn out well, especially when they are sliced lengthwise before grilling
  • Burritos and frozen pastries work well on the George Foreman as long as you attend to them carefully to avoid the inside squirting out and making a mess
  • I try not to overclean it because I suspect that some of the success of the grilling flavor comes from previous greasy flavors getting impressed on the new food item

• by Bartleby
      Although I had heard of them before, I had never used a George Foreman grill until I moved in with a roommate who had one and swore by it. I was skeptical at first and wondered what I’d actualy use it for.

I quickly realized that all kinds of meals and snacks can be prepared on the

George Foreman without making much of a mess.

In my experience, Bratwurst and hot dogs turn out well, especially when they are sliced lengthwise before grilling.

I have also had success with a small frozen pizza, which I microwaved for a minute and then folded on top of itself for grilling, resulting in something like a cheese ...

• calzone.

Burritos and frozen pastries work well on the George Foreman as long as you attend to them carefully to avoid the inside squirting out and making a mess.

And last but not least, I have has success using the George Format as a way to toast sandwiches, like grilled cheese and ham.

I normally take

about 20-30 seconds to clean the grill after each use, and I find that this keeps it running smoothly.

I try not to overclean it because I suspect that some of the success of the grilling flavor comes from previous greasy flavors getting impressed on the new food item.

All in all, this is an indispensible item for any kitchen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53190883930331/k2311a0819/8.19.06