Jay Cutler  » People  »
2.5
  • And, I think I’m starting to feel I was right about that

• by Steve

Some time ago, I wrote the that the Chicago Bears made a mistake trading for quarterback Jay Cutler. And, I think I’m starting to feel I was right about that.

Cutler is an immense talent and has a great arm.

But, I don’t think he is smart enough to play the most important

position in the game.

His efforts against the Green Bay Packers Sunday night were the main reason the Bears lost to their division rivals.

Cutler might be a better quarterback than former starter Kyle Orton.

But, Orton knew how to play within the Bears system while Cutler seems to be trying to win ...

• the game with every pass.

It’s easy to blame some of the interceptions on his receivers (less than average for the NFL) but it’s also telling that he didn’t make much of an effort to get it into the hands of his tight end Greg Olsen (better than any of the receivers on

the field) or his running back more often.

Cutler was crowned as the Bears savior shortly after coming to Chicago.

But, if he doesn’t settle down and play in the system and make the best of what he has, I think he will be yet another quarterback to come to Chicago and fail miserably with the Bears.

Jay Cutler

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521709839281030/k2311a0917/9.17.09