Interview with a Vampire
2.5
  • When the movie Interview with a Vampire came out, I thought it was a fantastic film
  • Maybe it’s because I think less of stars Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt now than I did then (Pitt screwed over Jennifer Anniston and Cruise is a cradle robber) but the movie just doesn’t have the same impact for me today

• by Steve

When the movie Interview with a Vampire came out, I thought it was a fantastic film. And, I still do think it is better than some of the so-called vampire movies that are out today (like Twilight).

But, I have to tell you, I watched it again last night for the first time in a while and it just isn’t as

impressive as I thought it would be.

Maybe it’s because I think less of stars Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt now than I did then (Pitt screwed over Jennifer Anniston and Cruise is a cradle robber) but the movie just doesn’t have the same impact for me today.

When they are actually doing some vampire stuff, it is still cool.

Some ...

• of those scenes really stick out in your head.

And, you do learn some great facts about what it takes to become a vampire (not just getting bitten like some movies will tell you).

But, when you don’t have the vampire stuff, all you really have is a guy who spends the entire movie whining because he is among the undead.

Of course, all he really has to do is go out in daylight and be vaporized; but we all know that would be too easy.

Because of this, the movie, which is a bit long to begin with, does seem to drag on a bit.

I think, with some more editing, I probably would be enjoying it much more than I did when watching it now.

Interview with a Vampire
    Thierry Snipes says :

When I watched this movie as an adult (29 years old) I found that it doesn’t have all the magic I thought it did when I used to watch it as a child. Also, I read the novel, and after reading the novel, the movie seems a little ridiculous. I adore the movie and the effort took to create the world Anne Rice created.

Thierry Snipes says :

re : When the movie Interview with a Vampire came out, I thought it was a fantastic film
    When the movie first came out I really enjoyed it. I was young and the special effects and the intensity surrounding the movie was magical to me back then. It was a great film at the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111709839261030/k2311a0917/9.17.09