Happy Harvest Kidney Beans
  • But, these were definitely among the bigger beans I’ve used and stood out among the other ingredients

• by Steve

I made chili last night and realized I was out of kidney beans. Since my parents were actually closer than the store was, I figured I would just stop by their house and borrow a couple cans.

They had the brand Happy Harvest; a cheaper brand I know they buy often but

I honestly am not sure where they get it from.

I have had other Happy Harvest products in the past and think they are a decent company.

The kidney beans did nothing to make me think differently.

First, there were quite a few in the can.

Too many cheaper brands only give ...

• you cans that are about 3/4ths of the way full.

This brand was full to the lid.

The beans were also in a juice that wasn’t too thick and salty.

This was good because I don’t drain kidney beans before adding them to my chili and I don’t like a salty flavor

in it.

The beans were also decent sized.

Too many other brands use tiny beans that are hardly noticeable in my chili.

But, these were definitely among the bigger beans I’ve used and stood out among the other ingredients.

If I can ever figure out where my parents buy this brand, I would definitely buy it.

Happy Harvest Kidney Beans
    quick note by anonymous :

Do you have an Aldis by your?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271709839201030/k2311a0917/9.17.09