Chanel No.5  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • I thought I got rid of the smell, and went to work
  • Unfortunately, I could not find myself liking it at all
  • My sister told me that the perfume smelled old-ladyish when I got home that day, and I have to agree with her
  • I felt more like an old lady wearing too much make up when I had it on, and it’s definitely not flattering

• by patofgold23

I was so excited to finally get a chance to smell this very popular perfume when we went to an Ultra store. I sprayed some on my wrists and a spray or two on my shirt. I find it very raunchy and headache inducing just seconds after I had it on. I tried to wash it off right away coz it was starting to make me feel sick. I thought I got rid of the smell, and went to work. Oh man, I could feel I was annoying everyone around me. The smell was still there, and it was nasty! I knew it was the perfume that’s all over the place, and finally one had the guts to ask me, “Ugh, what are you wearing?”. That

was one of the most embarrassing days I had at work and thanks to Chanel No.5.

I know it’s a classic. Unfortunately, I could not find myself liking it at all. I could never understand its appeal and how so many women are crazy over the perfume. Oh, maybe because of the name Chanel on it, it kinda trick you into thinking that it smells fabulous. Guess what? The very one time I had on, it smelled sour and musty — nothing fabulous and glamorous at all. The smell reminds me of a mix of musty lavender and old talcum powder — a strange and unpleasant combination! Worse, the one spray I had on left a yellow spot on my shirt!

The way I see it,

• Chanel No.5 is one of the most overrated perfumes there is, just because it is associated with its icon Marilyn Monroe. I don’t know why women cannot just admit that it smells disgusting, forcing themselves to like it and look classy and sexy and alluring as those endorsing the scent. I think that’s ridiculous. One spray of it is enough leave anybody nauseated for the rest of the day. It is the exact definition of an offensive and overwhelming scent.

My sister told me that the perfume smelled old-ladyish when I got home that day, and I have to agree with her. I felt more like an old lady wearing too much make up when I had it on, and it’s definitely not flattering. I never felt

like myself on it, and maybe it just doesn’t agree with my skin chemistry. Its chemicals and everything on it is also completely unsuitable for my personality. (Or maybe it’s that I just don’t have a very sophisticated nose?). No.5 is probably one of the worst perfumes I have ever tried on. Oh it’s way too strong and could qualify for a bug spray if that not too exaggerating.

But really, I couldn’t care much if it’s Chanel and it’s supposed to be “classic”. There are quite a few perfumes I truly dislike, and this is definitely one of them (along with Coco Chanel, and the new Coco Mademoiselle — I really don’t get what is with this line). I would rather spend my money on something better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561709839191030/k2311a0917/9.17.09