Heartland Layered Salad recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I would like to suggest including Heartland Layered Salad in your menu

• by patofgold23

Are you planning anything special? A luncheon perhaps, or a wedding shower, a party… I would like to suggest including Heartland Layered Salad in your menu. It is an artful garden salad that I’m sure will please any crowd in any occasion.

This menu is best to be kept bright and crisp until it’s ready to serve. It only takes about

20 minutes to prepare it, plus some time for leaving it on the fridge. You would only need the following: 4 cups of chopped lettuce, a cup of chopped tomato, half a cup of chopped green onions, a can of whole kernel corn (usually comes in 11 ounces, make sure you drain them beforehand), a cup of ranch dressing (your ...

• favourite brand, usually measures 8 ounces), a cup (or 4 ounces) of shredded cheddar cheese and 8 slices of crisply cooked bacon (of any brand, and crumbled).

It is simple, just layer the lettuce, tomatoes, onions and corn in a 1 ½ quart glass bowl. Then spread the dressing over the corn (sealing the edges of the bowl). Sprinkle the cheese

over them, and then cover. Refrigerate them for several hours. I do it overnight.

The next day, when I’m ready to serve it to my guests, I sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of it, and it looks beautiful! My guests always enjoy this. The recipe I shared would serve up to 6 guests… so try it; no doubt you’ll love it too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491709839171030/k2311a0917/9.17.09