HP Customer Support/Tech Support  » Business  »
  • It's not often that people praise tech support, but I felt like it was worth sharing a positive experience I had last year with Hewlett Packard
  • I bought a Pavilion laptop and had it a few months when I noticed that the screen started to flicker
  • Ideally, I would never have had the problem in the first place, but the guy who assisted me was the opposite of what you would expect from tech support
  • Overall, I have to give HP a thumbs-up for solving my issue

• by Bartleby
      It’s not often that people praise tech support, but I felt like it was worth sharing a positive experience I had last year with Hewlett Packard. I bought a Pavilion laptop and had it a few months when I noticed that the screen started to flicker.

At first, I was angry because the

machine was so new and I had just dropped nearly $1000 on it.

I was worried about whether I would lose the screen completely and whether the support would be a hassle.

To my surprise, when I called HP Customer Support, their Tech Support person was efficient and walked me through a number ...

• of troubleshooting steps to see if we could get the screen flickering to stop.

All I needed to do was reset something by using a pin point on the underside of my computer, and the laptop has been fine ever since.

Ideally, I would never have had the problem in the first place,

but the guy who assisted me was the opposite of what you would expect from tech support.

He was patient, funny, and knowledgeable without being rude.

On top of that, his English was very easy to understand (sometimes a challenge with tech support).

Overall, I have to give HP a thumbs-up for solving my issue.

kirara says :

my laptop pavilion dv5 dont start . . i tried to restart it many times unsuccessfully . . . it appears only blank screen .. what suppose to be he prob?

Jules Li says :

Try attaching an external monitor to your laptop, if you have one. This will help to determine if it’s a problem with the LCD screen. If the external monitor works, it means there’s a problem with the LCD. However, if it persists, it’s likely to be an issue with the motherboard. If you’re under warranty, you should contact HP to have it serviced.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41190883900331/k2311a0819/8.19.06