Rosetta Mclain Garden in Scarborough, Canada  » Travel  »
Along Kingston Road, in between Birchmount Park and Bluffers West Park
  • The part I like the most is the one facing Lake Ontario, which is probably one of the most magnificent views of the lake
  • I often enjoyed walking in the grassy part surrounded by trees

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

When I used to live in Toronto, the Rosetta Gardens was a favorite spot of mine, especially when I’m biking around the area. This garden is compact, yet breathtaking in some parts.

The part I like the most is the one facing Lake Ontario, which is probably one of the most magnificent views of the lake. The garden must be perched so high on a hill that I could almost see

the round curvature of the globe from where I was standing. This is what makes the spot so special, you wouldn’t even need a camera to get that kind of angle. All it takes is the naked eye!

The garden would only prove secondary in importance to me, although many bridal entourages out here will probably think otherwise. I’m not surprised that it’s a favorite spot for marrying couples.

• The garden is really well kept and brimming with all sorts of flowering plants.

There’s also a huge, semi-circular trellis with a nice art deco feel to it. You will also find a giant rock that spews water when the park is open.

I often enjoyed walking in the grassy part surrounded by trees. Sometimes, it was tempting to chase the squirrels with my bike, although biking around the area was prohibited.

Overall, Rosetta Gardens is a nice place to relax one’s gaze after focusing too much on the road when on a bike.

It’s also a stone’s throw away from the famous Scarborough Bluffs. So if you want to spend some time being alone to think, the gardens should help you freshen your perspective on life, let alone getting married.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381709838981030/k2311a0917/9.17.09