OraState Oral Anestehtic Gel  » Medicine  »
  • And I promise you that the taste is yucky

• by Bartleby
      As someone who gets a lot of canker sores, I use this gel to numb the pain before eating a meal or brushing my teeth. It works fine to locally numb the ulcer and the area immediately around it.

After all, OraState contains about 10% Benzocaine, a legitimate anesthetic.

Like the oral pastes and a

more expensive gel called Orajel, a tube of this stuff works just fine.

My tube (0.

5 ounces) was just under $4, whereas all the other nearby products were $7 or more.

OraState works just as it says it does.

You squeeze some on the immediate area of the canker sore and it will sting for a ...

• second or two before numbing the ulcer zone and the gums around it.

You do have to be careful not to use too much, as it can be a little more liquid-y than gel-y.

If it runs to other parts of your mouth, you could numb your tongue and other areas that don’t need the anesthetic.

And I promise you that the taste is yucky.

Whenever I get a canker sore, I squeeze on OraState to numb the pain and wait about two minutes for it to take full effect.

I find that the anesthetic only lasts from 30 to 90 minutes, so it does have to get reapplied through the day, especially before meals or brushing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26190883850331/k2311a0819/8.19.06