Jordan Tourism Board, North America
  • I was shocked at the size of the package, and I was even more shocked, and greatly impressed, when I opened it up
  • I have paid upwards of $100 for the amount of information I found in this free package
  • This tourism board is simply the best I have ever dealt with, and the money that they have put into promoting their country is extensive

• by Jessie Bahrey

I began doing some research for a trip that I wanted to plan in the future, and I began my research online. As Jordan was the destination that I wanted to get information on, I of course saw the countless websites and travel information on this ancient and fascinating. I had first become interested in visiting this area years ago when I was studying Petra in a university course I was taking, and since then, I was determined to see it for myself someday. As I was doing this research, I happened to stumble across an advertisement in the travel section of my local newspaper for Jordan, and it offered a free information package to anyone who emailed them. The Jordan Tourism Board of North America gave

its contact email, [email protected], and I sent them an email requesting information on Jordan, and then I forgot about it.

Two weeks later, a huge package arrived at my home, and I was confused until I saw that it was from the Jordan Tourism Board. I was shocked at the size of the package, and I was even more shocked, and greatly impressed, when I opened it up. I have paid upwards of $100 for the amount of information I found in this free package. First, there was a four page newsletter about Jordan, which contained valuable information for travelers-foreign consulates, methods of travel available, the main sites and attractions, climate, currency, banks, government offices, weather, language and customs. Then, to my amazement, I saw 6 multi-paged, coloured, glossy ...

• travel guides. One was general sites and attractions, and the other five were each about what type of trip you wanted to take-Eco and Nature, Fun and Adventure, History and Culture, Leisure and Wellness, and Religion and Faith. Each one of these travelers’ guides would be sold for at least $20. Inside, there are maps, information on accommodations and transportations, helpful tips for tourists, and the highlights of each area of interest. At the back of each booklet is a 3-day, a 5-day and an 8-day itinerary, so that you can plan a trip based on how long you have and what you want to see. This feature is incredibly helpful. As well, there is a fold-out, full colour map of the country, where all of the main
        tourist attractions are highlighted. A DVD is also included in the package, which is just like watching the travel shows that are always on television. All of this, for free! This tourism board is simply the best I have ever dealt with, and the money that they have put into promoting their country is extensive. I have now been able to plan a great 10 day trip to Jordan sometime in the future, and with all of this information, I will be able to see what I want to see easily and get the most of my time there.

Jordan Tourism Board, North America is based in Virginia, and their website is www.visitjordan.com; or just email them at the email address I listed above and request an information package-you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381609838490230/k2311a0916/9.16.09