General Mills - Strawberry Chex  » Food  »
2.5
  • I purchased it with the hope that the cereal would offer a good, tasty strawberry flavor because I like strawberries, however what I ended up with was really a cereal that was satisfactory in flavor and not excellent or really memorable either

• by GenesisOne

Betty Crocker - Strawberry Chex is a cereal that is really nothing all that special. I purchased it with the hope that the cereal would offer a good, tasty strawberry flavor because I like strawberries, however what I ended up with was really a cereal that was satisfactory in flavor and not excellent or really memorable either.

It is not

something that would draw me out of bed in the morning, that is for sure.

If I add my own strawberries to the cereal, then I am treated to real scrumptious strawberry flavor and that is what I did when I worked my way through my first and only box of this cereal.

I most certainly will not be purchasing ...

• it again.

The strawberry flavor was fairly mild and it did not excite my taste buds very much.

I did like that this cereal seemed to hold up pretty well in milk.

It did not get soggy quickly.

Even still, this is not the cereal for me because I would like to find a strawberry cereal that is rich enough

in flavor that I will not have to add strawberries to the cereal to give it a good strawberry flavor.

If you are looking for a tasty strawberry flavored cereal, I certainly suggest that you do not pick up a box of this stuff.

It is alright, but considering the high price of cereal, “alright” just simply does not cut it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271609838440230/k2311a0916/9.16.09