Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love how it could also treat cold sores
  • I think what makes Blistex different from other brands is that this product actually soaks into your lips rather than sitting on top of it like most brands do

• by patofgold23

I would die without this (not literally though). Lately my lips have been really really dry and cracked; and this is the only thing will work on me. In fact, this is the only lip treatment that actually works when my lips are this bad. It does smell weird… but when your lips are severely dry as mine, you could care less! It appears white on your lips and smells like medicine, but it surely works!

This product is like a miracle in a tube, I put it on before I go to bed. It is very soothing and it keeps my lips soft and moisturized. I love how it could also treat cold sores. This thing heals my lips overnight! I wake up with very soft lips with zero cracks. Unlike Vaseline,

it doesn’t leave any residue on.

I think what makes Blistex different from other brands is that this product actually soaks into your lips rather than sitting on top of it like most brands do. It appears whitish in color (which goes on clear) but does make your lips look supple and smooth. It’s not a lip balm so it doesn’t feel waxy at all.

The plastic squeeze tube it comes in has a slanted tip applicator which makes it very easy and quick to use. I hate digging into pots like since most brands comes in pots. I also love the tingle it gives. It may actually feel a little weird at first but it won’t take long for you to get used to the tingly feeling. I have sensitive lips and ...

• I get a burning feel if I put on minty balms. This thing sinks in quickly and instantly makes your lips feel like they’ve been deeply moisturised and plumped up.

A product that is good for emergencies. I guess I’m always in an emergency as I am a perpetual victim of dry and cracked lips. No matter how I try to experiment with other products, this is the only thing I come back to when my lips are in desperate need of moisture and repair. The greatest lip saver ever. No wonder my lips love it so much. This product is an essential for me. By the way, I tried to experiment with it a little: I used it under my lip liner and lipstick, it did work well as a moisturizing primer.

Since

it is light, cooling, refreshing and moisturizing, I love wearing it when I go for a walk. I finally found something that works consistently on me, so I use it almost every day. I tend to run out of it pretty fast. But this thing is really cheap and I don’t mind buying over and over again. It only costs $3.99 USD and can be bought anywhere: Walgreen’s, Kmart, Wal-Mart, and most drugstores.

I’ve used Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment for years, and I plan on using it forever! It’s an oldie but goodie product and if they ever think about discontinuing this product, I would buy up by the case load and make sure I keep a stock for years to come. This little guy is a keeper and I am giving it high marks!

Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311609838120130/k2311a0916/9.16.09