Dodge Durango 4.7L V8  » Cars  »
2.5
  • The first thing that I noticed when I drove it was the very loose steering, which is common in Durangos (I've driven three different years)
  • I dislike the interior because of it's unyielding usage of geometric shapes including squares, rectangles, and circles
  • I suppose I got what I paid for with this SUV, but unless you're looking for a cheap way to haul stuff around, then look elsewhere for a real truck and pay a little more

• by Jpesh

We purchased our new Dodge Durango last year and it was about 10,000 dollars less than the MSRP, which was our major incentive to purchase it. The first thing that I noticed when I drove it was the very loose steering, which is common in Durangos (I’ve driven three different years).

Then, when I merged onto the highway, I noticed its serious lack of acceleration.

The tiny engine in this monster of a truck struggles

to get it moving quickly.

Then, the brakes are squishy and don’t feel like they’re stopping quickly and yet the truck nosedives every time you brake.

Also, while turning I noticed that the truck feels extremely top heavy, which is because of its large amount of lift off the ground, although this may be due to our stock 20″ rims.

Speaking of the rims, they began to oxidize this past winter and now look horrible ...

• even when they’re scrubbed clean.

The rest of the exterior looks adequate including the chrome and fading black plastic on the sides.

I dislike the interior because of it’s unyielding usage of geometric shapes including squares, rectangles, and circles.

There are no amorphous shapes in the entire vehicle, everything feels squared off and hard.

The cloth seats are relatively comfortable once they’re worn in a little bit, although they seem hard at first.

The rear

seat is a good size for most people, but it’s not big enough for anyone over 5′10″.

The only real positives are its cheap price, barely the ability to tow jet skis and our boat, and a cavernous trunk to haul tools.

I suppose I got what I paid for with this SUV, but unless you’re looking for a cheap way to haul stuff around, then look elsewhere for a real truck and pay a little more.

Tony says :

I replace one speed sensor on the transmission but i can not locat the other, or should i ask is there another one?my brake light and ABS light is staying on and i have read that the speed sensors are related to these items. Can someone help me or give me some advice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91609838110130/k2311a0916/9.16.09