Korg DW-6000 Synthesizer  » Electronics  »
  • I like the feel of the keys, they are not as stiff as on some of the cheaper keyboards that are available

• by piwacquet

I got this Korg DW-6000 to try on some of my original songs. It was made back in the 80’s.

Although Korg improved on the features in the DW-8000 which came out a little while later, this synthesizer has the capability of creating some of the great sounds that made so many songs unforgettable.

Like “Who Are You” by The Who.

It took me a short while to learn how to set the parameters, but experimenting with the programs is really easy to figure out.

Then you just write down the settings as you find the different sounds, so you can easily come back to them.

The ones you like the most or use the most can be saved so that you can bring them up with one touch.

I like the feel of the keys, they are not as stiff as on some of the cheaper keyboards that are available.

With five full octaves there is quite a bit ...

• Korg DW-6000 Synthesizer
      of flexibility in the playability.

When I create effects for a new song with this Korg, the song seems to come alive.

The brass and the bells are really good, and the way some of the sounds actually move around gives so much depth to my songs that other instruments can’t achieve.

The

one thing I don’t particularly like is the 6 note polyphony.

If you want to get really full chords you start losing notes.

But still, at the prices you can find on ebay and even from individuals, usually around $250 to $300, this is a keyboard and midi controller that is well worth a try.

Jason J. Young says :

I’ve read many reviews and from most of these, this is not as good a choice as the DW-8000…I’ve played one of them, it does have good patches and the 8 voice polyphony is an improvement over 6.

From videos posted online, you can get full chords, perhaps only having 6 voices limits the range, but that is not as noticeable as a mono synth (some of these do let you play chords, they are very rare).

I’m still considering purchasing a DW-6000, have had my eye on one for many years…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161609838050130/k2311a0916/9.16.09