Dean Boca 12 String Electric Guitar  » Music  »
  • I enthusiastically recommend the Dean Boca 12 to anyone who loves the 12 string sound from the 60's

• by piwacquet

The Dean Boca 12 String Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar (wow that’s a long name) is my favorite 12 string guitar, after the Rickenbacker. I ordered it online from Musicians Friend. A lot of 12 strings have a nice sound but lack that classic 60’s quality that is reminiscent of The Beatles and The Birds.

This one will not disappoint you. When I first plugged it in I was in awe of the

beautiful 12 string twang and fullness that was evident without much tinkering at all.

You can hear the tone of the semi-hollow body combined with the sting sound so distinctly. Because of this, there is a dramatic difference between the “Rickenbacker” signature sound that is generated by this guitar and the static 12 sting sound created by many of the solid body 12 strings out there.

As I played it more and more ...

• over the last year or so, I realized the ease of fretting which is sometimes rough on the fingers with 12 strings, but not with the Dean Boca. The strings are easily pushed down for fretting even if you are using bar chords.

Also, the quality of the materials used is easily recognized, especially in the fact that it will stay in tune. I never have to tune it during a show.

And last but not least, this guitar is absolutely beautiful. I chose the black model with the “f” holes which are outlined in white.

I continually have people comment on how good it looks. For the price difference when compared to the “Rick” I am blown away with this guitar.

I enthusiastically recommend the Dean Boca 12 to anyone who loves the 12 string sound from the 60’s. You will love this guitar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141509837280730/k2311a0915/9.15.09