The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen  » Books  »
  • Sarah Dessen is a well-known author of books for young adults, and I found this novel to be another quality effort from her
  • My only problem was with a few of the characters
  • And I've never come across anyone as cold, calculating, and seemingly boring as the perfect top students featured in this book

• by Lorie
      Sarah Dessen is a well-known author of books for young adults, and I found this novel to be another quality effort from her. Macy, the main character, has to make some decisions about the direction of her life one summer.

Her new friends were lively and

entertaining.

It was fun to watch her relationship with the potential love interest grow.

I also thought the storyline about her father’s death and her family’s varying ways of dealing with the grief to be compelling without going for the easy emotions.

My only problem ...

• was with a few of the characters.

I found them unbelievable because they were too perfect, and it seemed like they were only that perfect as a way of providing contrast between Macy’s old life and her new life.

So I see why it was done, but

I’ve known a lot of successful high school students in my day.

In fact, I’d like to think I was one, back in the day.

And I’ve never come across anyone as cold, calculating, and seemingly boring as the “perfect” top students featured in this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17180883720131/k2311a0818/8.18.06