Absolutely Givenchy Eau De Toilette  » Perfume  »
  • Unfortunately, I also have a very sensitive nose so I can’t just buy any fragrance I like, I have to make sure first that it’s not vomit, headache or sneeze-inducing
  • He adores that fragrance, but everything smells either too acidic or too blah… I tried Moschino Funny and it’s just too peppery… the Anna Sui thingy was a bit scratchy… The DKNY Be Delicious doesn’t smell delish at all… I was losing hope but I was determined to find something so I asked the sales lady if they have anything fresh and fruity but not overtly sweet

• by thebeautyjunkie

I have always been fascinated with fragrances. I even make it a point to buy one every time a “special occasion” would come up. Unfortunately, I also have a very sensitive nose so I can’t just buy any fragrance I like, I have to make sure first that it’s not vomit, headache or sneeze-inducing. I gravitate more towards fresh fruity-floral fragrances, those that evoke visions of me basking in the sun in my chiffon sundress with a beautiful bow on my hair and wild flowers and berries everywhere.

I’m glad to say I have found that in my favorite fragrance of all time, the Absolutely Givenchy Eau De Toilette by Givenchy. It was an ordinary day at the mall. My boyfriend is coming home in less than a week and since he didn’t like my previous fragrance

as it was “too sweet”… and I can’t seem to find the one he liked (I got it from a friend abroad), I made it a point to look for a fragrance he would certainly love.

He loves fresh floral fragrances by the way. I searched for something close to Biotherm Awakening Mist. He adores that fragrance, but everything smells either too acidic or too blah… I tried Moschino Funny and it’s just too peppery… the Anna Sui thingy was a bit scratchy… The DKNY Be Delicious doesn’t smell delish at all… I was losing hope but I was determined to find something so I asked the sales lady if they have anything fresh and fruity but not overtly sweet…with just a hint of flowers.

And her face lit up as if saying, “I finally know what you want!”… She led me ...

• towards the Givenchy line and gave me a tester for cologne which looks like something for kids. She mentioned two celebrities who use that fragrance. It smelled okay but it was not what I was looking for, it was a bit too citrusy for me and I wanted to smell romantic, not babyish.

So I asked her for something a bit sweeter. And she said, “Oh, I have something perfect for you!” She handed me a bottle of Absolutely Givenchy, and from the first whiff, I just knew that it was what I was looking for. The pink and yellow bottle is just adorable! And the smell???!!! It smells like something juicy… Like an apple-y kind of smell without being tart.

It was not citrusy at all. And there’s a hint of flower in the background. It smells romantic and innocent at the

same time! It’s just plain lovely! I was informed by the sales lady that it’s a limited edition product so I grabbed three bottles and made a mental note to make a petition so that this fragrance will never be discontinued ever.

Looking back, my boyfriend didn’t end up loving it as he still thinks it’s fruity… but I couldn’t care less. It makes me feel happy and pretty and that’s all that matters. I can always wear a different fragrance when he’s around anyway.

And besides, other guys are not complaining. I even get more compliments when I wear this fragrance than when I wear my other fragrances, maybe because it has a distinct smell far from the mass –produced generic stuff. I bet you can find a bottle or two on ebay.

Do try it, I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561509837180730/k2311a0915/9.15.09