Star Trek: The Next Generation - Out of Time
  • I think the comic book story does a superb job of following up on stories that the television show should have, but never did
  • I definitely recommend this read to fans that enjoyed one or both of these episodes

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Out of Time is a comic book that follows up on the episode “Relics” as well as “Cause and Effect”. I think the comic book story does a superb job of following up on stories that the television show should have, but never did.

In this comic book, the readers are given the opportunity to learn more about Captain Morgan Bateson of the USS Bozeman.

It was his ship that emerged from

the temporal rift in “Cause and Effect” and in this story, he is attempting to deal with life in the 24th century after being removed eight years from his time period.

Scotty, who has handled the adjustment somewhat better, arrives to help the captain cope with the dramatic change.

I think the writers handled Scotty’s character quite well, and fans of the character will laugh and smile at some of Scotty’s oh so appropriate lines.

The artwork is ...

• detailed and conveys the emotions of the characters fairly well.

Since it is a comic book and not a novel, it is not too long of a story, although I think that for the length of the comic book, the writers were able to sufficiently satisfy at least my appetite for a follow-up to the two episodes.

Would I have liked to learn more about the captain and his crew? Sure.

Would I have perhaps liked to hear

more from Scotty on how he is getting along in the 24th century and some more stories from his past? Of course! However, a comic book is a little more limited than television and novels, so I am just grateful that I had the opportunity to see these two characters again and learn of some of what had happened in their lives since the episodes.

I definitely recommend this read to fans that enjoyed one or both of these episodes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171509837050730/k2311a0915/9.15.09