The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans book  » Books  »
  • I had actually seen the film before I found the book, but found I enjoyed the book so much more still
  • I highly recommend it to anyone, whether you are a horse fan or not and even if you have already seen the film and got the T-shirt

• by sarah hamer

I really enjoy Nicolas Evans’ work as he manages to capture a real sense of the magic and beauty of Montana. As the novel that the Hollywood film was based on, it holds so much more of the story and detail than could be crammed into the movie. I had actually seen the film before I found the book, but found I enjoyed the book so much more still!

If you haven’t heard of it, it follows the story of recovery of a young girl called Grace and her horse Pilgrim after a horrific car accident that traumatised them both and claimed the girls leg. Pilgrim is turned wild and aggressive to the point that the vet recommends euthanasia but Annie, Graces mother, knows that to do so would ruin any chance of her daughters own recovery from ...

• her bitter sadness. She calls upon Tom, a famous horse whisperer she read about from a ranch in Montana, and drives them both down from New York where they are all swept into an emotional journey of personal discovery. Not only does the horse whisperer reach in to calm the mind of Pigrim but he does so to both Annie and Grace.

Nicholas Evans has a real talent for creating

wonderfully deep characters, and in weaving romance into an already powerful story! I have read it several times now myself and it holds me every time, it still moves me to both tears and elation! I highly recommend it to anyone, whether you are a horse fan or not and even if you have already seen the film and got the T-shirt! It is a truly mesmerising, beautiful story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171509836840730/k2311a0915/9.15.09