Pacific Smog Test-Only  » Business  »
1514-B Howe Ave., Sacramento, CA
  • On the day I was there, there were two workers, one of which I believe is the owner and the other one who was taking care of paperwork and the customers
  • I found the people to be cordial enough and the service satisfactory

• by Orrymain

With an older car, that means that every two years I have to get my vehicle smog checked. That can be very expensive, so I usually look for places that offer specials. I had never heard of Pacific Smog Test-Only, but they had an ad available for about half of the normal smog check price.

Pacific Smog Test-Only can be hard to find if you don’t pay attention to their location information which they include

in the back. If you do, it’s easy to find. I went right to it as a result.

This isn’t a big facility. There’s just room for the one car. On the day I was there, there were two workers, one of which I believe is the owner and the other one who was taking care of paperwork and the customers. Both were nice. They were speaking Hindi and a more ...

• slang dialect, which I was fascinated by since I’ve been doing research on India and Hindi lately.

The waiting area is very small. They had three chairs available for customers. There were some magazines there, though not very many. The walls basically had all of the legal notifications and a calendar.

There was no air conditioning, which wasn’t that bad when I was there, but would be killer for anyone coming in during the afternoon

or on other days.

Overall, I’d go back, but only when I knew it wasn’t going to be hot outside. I found the people to be cordial enough and the service satisfactory. My one negative is that my vehicle failed one part of the test and they neglected to tell me about financial assistance that was available when I got it serviced. Now they don’t do the service themselves, so maybe that’s why they didn’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411509836710630/k2311a0915/9.15.09